- Date: -
- Cities: Tehran; Mashhad & Kish Island
OPPORTUNITIES FOR MALAYSIAN COMPANIES
Malaysian companies can now take advantage of this latest development to establish business linkages with Iran.
IRAN’s Key Indicators:
- The 2nd largest economy in the Middle East and North Africa(MENA) after Saudi Arabia, with GDP of US$406.3 billion (2014);
- 2nd largest gas reserves in the world, and 4th largest oil reserves;
- 2nd largest population in MENA, after Egypt, with 78.5 million people; and
- The second international forum on investment opportunities in Iran post-sanctions
- The upper-middle-income country with a young population and highly educated workforce.
Potential Products and Services:
- Oil and Gas;
- Raw material & semi-manufactured products, industrial supplies and equipment;
- Automotive and automotive parts;
- Chemicals and chemical products;
- Building materials;
- Medical devices
- Rubber products; and
- Food products.
Services that Malaysian companies could offer:
- All services related to the Oil and Gas sector;
- Consultancy on machinery & improvement processes, technologies;
- Maintenance, repair & operations (MRO) for aerospace and maritime; and
- All services related to airports, rails and infrastructures.