In pursuit of strengthening business relations and developing reciprocal cooperation and with the Iran-ASEAN Business Council participating as an Iran Business Task Force Desk member of the Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce & Industry, the Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the Iran-ASEAN Business Council (the Parties) concluded the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
The purpose of this MOU is to establish a practical framework for the development of stronger business relations between the two Parties, including assisting where possible as a collaborative presence and point of contact in their respective countries and to set forth the procedures for cooperation, which can enhance the implementation of reciprocal economic objectives.
The articles are as follows:
– Encourage, promote and facilitate economic cooperation among parties’ business communities to the mutual interests of both sides, and in accordance with policies, laws and regulations of Malaysia.
– Set up an Iran Task Force Desk to facilitate the collaborative objects of MOU
– Encourage the exchange of trade delegations, experts and economic discussion
– Coordinate to establish and expand a business network, which facilitates the circulation of business opportunities available in both countries
– Encourage the flow of reciprocal economic information, statistics and trade data
– Assist the other in organizing or participating in trade fairs, exhibitions, conferences, seminars and other similar activities held in both countries
– Do their best to assist in eliminating any obstacles that may hinder the growth of trade and business, by identifying the barriers and suggesting any suitable solutions
– Support and encourage the exchange of technical expertise, know-how and training opportunities between their respective members.
Datuk Tan Cheng Kiat- MICCI, CEO
Mr. Azrani Rustam- MICCI, Vice President
Mr. Shaun Cheah- MICCI, Executive Director
Dato’ Ghazali- IABC, Chairman
Mr. Mahdi Sadat- IABC, President
Ms. Haslinda Hassan- MATRADE
Mr. Daniel Bernbeck- Malaysia-German Chamber of Commerce(MGCC), CEO
Mr. Mehran Hajian- Hamedan Municipality Investment Organization, Managing Director
& Some of IABC Members
The meeting started with speech given by Mr. Shaun Cheah welcoming message. Then he gave the presentation on MICCI introduction, its capabilities and background as the oldest registered chamber of commerce in Malaysia. He emphasized to the need of implemention the provisions of the MoU.
The ceremony continued with the welcome of Datuk Tan Cheng Kiat, the CEO of MICCI. He expressed his pleasure to cooperate with IABC as the first IRAN related member of MICCI. He mentioned that the main mission of MICCI, as a trade facilitator, is engaging with state and federal governments to continue to ensure the development and implementation of robust regulatory framework, which conductive to a healthy business environment.
Dato‘ Ghazali, Chairman of IABC, expressed satisfaction with the platform created for cooperation between two parties. He mentioned ”Through business dialogue, brainstorming session, discussions, exchanging of business information amongst our members, we believe that it will pave an effective way that can ultimately bring to fruition in terms of the viable projects that can be undertaken by our members, or areas of collaboration in our members’ respective industry”.
The attendees also expressed their readiness for cooperation with the parties to implement all provisions of the signed MOU.
After Signing the MOU by MICCI Vice President and Chairman of IABC, the MICCI Merbership certificate was awarded to IABC President by Mr. Shauan Cheah.